Voting

Friday, November 6, 2009

Fire at Whatcom Middle School

 I am behind again on my comments.The day before yesterday
the power company had our power off for 6 hours while they
installed new poles some where close.
Yesterday the wind had the power down for about 5 hours.
Then yesterday one of the oldest
schools in town caught fire at one in the morning.


Here is a collage of the fire and some of the brave firemen.
The kids are going to be out of school for a few days while they decide
where to send them.
They don't know how it started yet.

6 comments:

Powell River Books said...

We've had wind but no power outages yet. I heard about the fire on the news. That's terrible. They hinted that there were construction guys welding near the source on the previous day. When I was a principal there was a fire in my school just before Halloween. I remember eating a lot of candy afterward from the stress. We only lost a wing so the kids got all shuffled around by the time school got started. It took a year though to rebuild. When they called me at 2:00 a.m. I thought it was some kind of new principal initiation joke. It definitely wasn't! - Margy

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Oh my, it is a shame that a grand old building caught fire. I hope they can rebuild it.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Gee Betty---You need a vacation to Tennessee this time of year, don't you??? No electricity, wind storms, and fires????? Mercy me----take care of yourself.

I won't tell you that we had a gorgeous day with temps in the '60's.... Oh Well.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Day4plus said...

What a tragedy that fire is. Well any fire can be a tragedy but that historic school.

the big winds mostly missed us. we got just the tail end and not too much rain. I don't know why but it was ok with me.

Love your Garfield cartoon. MB

Becky and Gary said...

Thats's a long time to be with out power. We have a generator beause out here in the country you just never know, and the winter can be dangerous with the wood stove going. Our wood stove has 2 big blowers that circulate the heat around the house. Without power and those blowers the stove gets really hot in a hurry.
I hope there wasn't too much damage to the school.
B.

Tracie said...

My husband is a firefighter with Bellingham. He was there and was one of the crews that worked from the inside the building. It is a shame to lose so much work that has been put into it lately.