Voting

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moving the train cars

Click to see better





After 34 years in Fairhaven around the property of the old Bob’s Southside Service station, the railroad cars are leaving. Two today and the last one on Monday. Pennsylvania bound to be placed in an old RR theme park. A huge crane picked them up - very carefully - and placed them on this over sized semi. They are taken to Burlington, about 20 miles south of Fairhaven, where they will be prepared for their trip east and placed on RR flatcars for the trip across country. Over the years this car had several businesses, the last being Boo’s Grooming Service up to a couple years ago


I took these pictures from the Fairhaven web page,but I thought I would share what they did in my favorite part  of town. I wonder what they will put where the train cars were.





5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Wow that is neat. You will have to show me where they were and what is new.

That Ruckers Tomb is in Everett at the cemetary just off Broadway by the freeway. Neat huh! MB

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That's kinda sad, Betty... I am glad that they will be used at a RR Theme Park --but I think it will be sad to see them leave your town...

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Cicero Sings said...

So sad to see favourite landmarks disappear and the landscape changed into something unrecognizable.

Becky said...

I love your post Betty, and I'd like to know more. My hubby and I are huge train fans. Gary has his own blog http://steamacrossthetrestle.blogspot.com All about trains. Anyway if you could find out more I'd appreciate it, and especially if you can find out where the cars are going. Maybe we could take some pictures of the end result for you.
If by chance the train will be coming by the way of Erie, Penna we might be able to find it.
Have a great day.
Becky♥

Powell River Books said...

Our loss, their gain. Good to see they won't get destroyed. - Margy