Voting

Monday, March 9, 2009

VERY FUNNY


This is a very funny story about cloth diapers . When my youngest son and his wife were going to have there first baby they hadn't decide if they were going to use cloth diapers or disposable ones. I decided to make them some nice flannel ones like I used. I hunted all over for diaper flannel and finely found some in Everett. I bought enough for about ten of them I figured if they wanted more I could make more. I cut and hemmed them folded them all like I used to and took them to there house I was really proud of me. Well they didn't know what they were they said are they blankets. The pictures show what are now cloth diapers. I guess that go to show how old I am. I was a little embarrassed.

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I am sure that the diapers you made were wonderful. Funny how things change though, the new style does save some folding.

Powell River Books said...

Newer isn't always better, but these do look handy with what looks like velcro fasteners rather than pins. We are turning into such a throw-away society it is scary. Wayne's cell phone just died. There's no way to get it fixed, he just had to purchase a new one. You would think there would be lots of ways to repair and reuse items, but not so. I couldn't even find a lamp repair place in a big city like Bellingham. We are supposed to be taking care of the environment and saving money in hard times. Go figure. - Margy

Kathleen said...

I think that the "new" cloth diapers have velcro closings. No fear of sticking the baby with the safety pin. This happened when my niece was changing my little ones diaper. I don't remember who cried the hardest of the three of us.

Becky said...

I've never seen the "new" ones. I'm from the old school, and remember all the folding I use to go through. Wouldn't trade it for anything especially plastic. Sign of the times I guess.
B.