Voting

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Blues and Rain

I am sorry I haven't posted for a few days I think I have been in a mental
fetal position.
Yesterday I decided to see what I could do about it,so I  took a shower
got dressed and went to my strength training class


While I was waiting for the bus I took a few pictures


I decided that between my blue mood that happens around
this time of year and the weather being so dreary,I was not going
to let them win so I told them to go away.


I use to have a sign up in the kitchen when the kids were growing up that said
"You are responsible for what happens to you"
They still remember that sign.




I can't do any thing about the weather out side,but I can brighten up the inside
so that is what I am doing.
Love Hugs and Good Thoughts to all of you my friends.




7 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

You are right bring in flowers and plants you love - take an aromatic bath , brighten your space- light candles or whatever similar. i fight it constantly and will that my blessings need to be on display !!good for you . Maybe you and I can get some new duds hahah

Becky said...

The same back to you Betty.
With your weather like it is, I can see why you would feel that way. My goodness, It is so dark and gloomy there. One thing that brightens my day( besides my wonderful Blogging friends that is), is to visit a local greenhouse. There is a rather large one about 25 miles from here, and a visit is like a mini vacation. Of course I always manage to buy something. Just to take a deep breath and to smell all the flowers. Hum, I could go right now...
If we were closer, we could have tea too.
About your Orchid, they don't like too much water, and do like to be cool at night. There are lots of Orchids that only bloom once a year:(. It's hard to wait!
Hugs, Becky♥

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I tend to get down in the dumps in the short dreary days of Winter myself. You're right to get out and change your surroundings, and even watery daylight is better than staying inside under artificial lights.

It's frigidly cold here and we're forecast to have snow Wed. and Thurs. I hope so, I want some snow cream!

Love and hugs right backatcha, my friend. xoxo

Diane <3

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I think this dreary time of year is hard for a lot of us. Glad you are able to do something about cheering yourself up. Maybe a bunch of bright flowers will help.
Have a lovely rest of the week

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I always get a little 'down' after the holidays since I love Christmas so much. But---I know that only "I" can pull myself out of a funk.. And I DO!! Glad you are taking charge of you too!!!!!

Our weather is horrible here too.... DARN COLD!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Small City Scenes said...

Wow Betty your blog setting makes me feel so~~SPRINGY~~I am already out of my gray, rainy day doldrums. Thanks.

Yeah Betty was a good pony and we all loved her and she had a good name. MB

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad your taking charge of your life, Betty, and not letting the blues take over. All the best!